To stay active, eat healthy
Posted by Veronica Whitaker on January 29, 2014 0 Comments
Rowve bags are the perfect bag for active, on-the-go people. In order to maintain an active lifestyle you have to eat healthy. Although we all try, because we are active, eating healthy, especially in the morning, can be difficult. Skipping breakfast sets you up for feeling sluggish and may cause you to overeat during the day. To help with this I have listed a few foods that help you start your day off right, are packed with fat-fighting nutrients such as fiber, omega-3s, calcium and vitamins. When you get bored with your breakfast, or don't think you have time, try one of these. You can find out more at: www.healthylivingmsn.com.
- Oatmeal. Oatmeal is high in fiber and lowers cholesterol and it's rich in omega-3 fatty acids, folate, and potassium. Add walnuts, flaxseed, and/or fruit and you have a fantastic energy filled meal. Tip, use honey to sweeten rather than suger.
- Greek Yogurt is loaded with calcium.and protein
- Wheat germ, easy to add to any meal and just 2 Tbl. provides about 15% of your recommended daily intake of vitamin E.
- Grapefruit. According to one study, 1/2 a grapefruit before meals my help you slim down faster. Grapefruit has beneficial effects on blood sugar and insulin levels. However, you should have it with a protein such as turkey sausage, eggs, Greek yogurt. Tip: check with your doctor if taking medication as grapefruit may interfere with some prescription drugs.
- Bananas, one of the best sources of potassium which helps to lower blood pressure. It's a healthy carb that keeps you feeling fuller longer.
- Eggs are making a comeback. They are a healthy source of protein and vitamin D.
- Almond butter, an excellent source of protein. Almond butter is comparable to peanut butter in calories but slightly lower in saturated fat.
- Whole Wheat Pancakes. Whole wheat flour and omega-3 enriched eggs turn pancakes from a forbidden decadence to a healthy staple. Add cinnamon and flaxseed or walnuts to provide a sweet comforting flavor.
- Breakfast Smoothie. A mixture of berries, fat-free yogurt, low fat milk, walnuts and faxseed and you have a great fulfilling meal.
- Cream of Wheat cereal is right up there with oatmeal. Pair it with maple syrup, walnuts and cranberries and you have a great meal. Walnuts are packed with omega-3s and maple syrup and vanilla add some satisfying sweetness.
Eat healthy and Play Hard! And don't forget your Rowve Bag!